Spring at Immanuel

Spring at Immanuel
Beeeeautiful Crab Tree

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Facelift Is in the Making

Change is in the making, this fall at Immanuel Lutheran Church. One of our newer members is a landscaper and he would like to help us make some changes in the landscape around the parsonage, the annex, the church, and the parking lot. I am so excited about what we are going to do, I cannot contain myself. This treasured member will donate the labor, Mary, the church and I will buy the plants, and watch how the space around this place will be transformed. We are ven thinking of installing a watering system next spring.

On a lesser note, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has approved the ordination of men and women you live in permanent same-sex relationships, commonly referred to as gays and lesbians. I was not in favor of this move, but it has been done, and now the congregation will have to make some decisions. I know that we are divided on this issue, and that one member has already expressed his opinion of never coming back to ILC. We will be discussing this issue the next several months, but I believe no action will be taken.

On a lighter side, Mary and I have been looking at houses in the area. We found a very nice one this morning, and we will be talking more about it. At present it is being rented, something we would plan on doing until I retire. There are so many things yet to consider about buying a house we would live in after retirement. I cannot even get used to the idea of that word, "retirement." Stay tuned for more on this issue.

No comments: