Spring at Immanuel

Spring at Immanuel
Beeeeautiful Crab Tree

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The shock is beginning to fade

Turning 60 is bad, that goes without saying, but the shock does begin to wear off, at times. One day later and I am still bothered by my age, but there are so many other things that take up my time that I cannot always dwell on it. that's good. Nonetheless, it will take some time to get over it, like maybe ten more years when I enter a real shocker, the 70's (sorry Betty Lou).
For now, I will just do what I have to do, like continue helping pay my kids bills, fix their cars, and pull them out of financial woes, work till the cows come home, and try to convince Mary that she needs to make a decision about where we might live after retirement. That last one takes more time and patience then the other concerns. There are still things God has in mind, and I guess I need to be about doing those things as well.
In the mean time, I will pray that God continue to help me get used to this "getting older" stuff and remind me that Easter was not just a one time thing.

1 comment:

Angie said...

OMG!!! remember that violin that you showed me last week?....I'm playing it for you...